Travel & Hotel Information
Toggle between the tabs below for discounts, maps, schedules & guides to get you around San Francisco.
American Airlines Discount
Fancy Food Show has partnered with American Airlines to provide our attendees 8% discount off ANY published airfare on www.aa.com for the 2013 Summer Fancy Food Show in New York City. The valid travel dates for this discount are June 24 through July 9, 2013. You can easily access American’s fares and apply this discount by going to www.aa.com (no fee) to book your flight. Place the below Promotion Code in the promotion code box and your discount will be calculated automatically. This special discount is valid off any applicable published fares listed for American Airlines, American Eagle, and American Connection. International originating guests will need to contact their local reservation number and refer to the Promotion Code.
You may also call 1-800-433-1790 to book your flights, please refer to the Promotion Code below when you call. Please note there is a reservation service charge for all tickets issued by phone.
Promotion Code: 6363EK
Airport Shuttle Discounts (Shuttlefare)
Book your reservation by clicking on the reservation link below and use the discount code (NY2013) at checkout to receive $4 off Airport Shuttle Transportation to and from the airport to your hotel. * Reservation must be made on-line to use discount.
- Click on your reservation link above and do a quick search to find your hotel
- Press “continue booking”
- Choose the type of service you want, “pick up from airport” and “roundtrip”, click “schedule pickup”
- Click “reserve now” and add the discount code on this checkout page
Once you complete your reservation an email confirmation will be sent to you and this will be your travel voucher for your airport transportation. It will also include instructions on where to meet your shuttle when you arrive at the airport. If you need to make changes AFTER your reservation is complete, contact us at: 877-300-4826, or by email here.
Visa Information for Attendees
What is the Visa Waiver Program?
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of 36 participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business (visitor [B] visa purposes only) for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa.
The program was established to eliminate unnecessary barriers to travel, stimulating the tourism industry, and permitting the Department of State to focus consular resources in other areas. VWP travelers are required to have a valid authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to travel, are screened at the port of entry into the United States, and are enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security’s US-VISIT program. For information on the ESTA Program and to register online click here: http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/
Current countries taking part in the Visa Waiver Program are: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungry, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
Visa Invitation and Travel Information
- The time frames for visa processing are difficult to predict and can vary significantly by country. Advanced planning is essential to receive a visa in time for proposed travel to the US.
- The Specialty Food Association recommends that all visa letters are requested at least 3 months in advance of travel.
- A visa invitation letter from the Specialty Food Association does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
VISA Interview Tips
- Interviews are brief so be prepared. Showing proof of identity, travel plans and intention to return to your country of residence is helpful during the interview.
- An applicant must demonstrate to the US Consulate/Embassy that they have strong social and economic ties to their country of residence and are not intending to immigrate. Examples of strong ties are employment, property ownership and family relationships.
- If you have attended or exhibited at previous Fancy Food Shows provide that documentation during the interview.
- If you have been to the United States before please bring documentation of the trip to the interview.
- Bring along all materials from the Specialty Food Association including your Visa Letter.
- For more information on visas please visit: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html
- To locate the nearest US Consulate or Embassy in your country please visit: http://www.usembassy.gov/
- For information about the ESTA Program and to Register online: http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/
- For official Hotel and Travel information please visit: http://www.specialtyfood.com/fancy-food-show/summer-fancy-food-show/travel/
Attendee Visa Letters
To obtain an Attendee visa letter from the Specialty Food Association please do the following:
- Register and pay for an Attendee Badge by visiting the Badge Registration page here. During the registration process click the box that says, “Yes, I require an invitation letter” and enter name, passport number and expiration date, date of birth and gender
- Once you finish registering then you will receive an email confirmation. Please click on the link in the confirmation that says, “View or Change your Registration”. You will then be able to print out your visa letter.
If you have any questions please contact Compusystems our official registration vendor by email at email@example.com or call 708-486-0708