Exhibitor Service Center
Toggle between the tabs below for information pertaining to registered 2013 Winter exhibitors.
Exhibitor Guides & Show Contacts
Some unique things about the Show...
- You can receive free electricity for the Lead Retrieval (CompuLEAD Machine) if you order by the deadline date. (Specialty Food Association Members Only) (Cost savings of $150).
- You can have the first 200 pounds of your freight delivered to your booth at no cost if you drive it there yourself. Review the Exhibitor-Driven Vehicle (EDV) Program for further information.
- There is a complimentary exhibitor hot dog lunch at noon on Saturday during move-in (the day before the show opens). Look for the signs that lead you to free food and drinks!
- The height limit for all booths (besides peninsula & island booths) is 8’. Peninsula & Island booths can build up to 12’ high.
- You need to be 18 or older to have access to the show floor.
- There are designated “Exhibitor Clean Up Stations” on the show floor to wash your equipment.
- Please leave your shopping bags at home. Attendees may only use the official show literature bags provided by the Association.
- We have staff members called “Floor Managers” that are dedicated to your area on the show floor. Stop by and see them for ANYTHING you need help with.
- Stop by the Exhibitor Lounge to check your email (wireless internet access available), charge your laptop or cell phone or to hold a small meeting.
For more tips for First Time Exhibitors from the show contractor, Freeman, click here.
What does the complimentary booth package look like?
Can you give me an idea of what the Show looks like?
Press Office Counter
Clean Up Station
Specialty Food Media Booth
You want to make sure you leave no stone unturned in your preparation for the Show. Be sure you pay special attention to the early-bird discount deadlines— you’ll save yourself money by taking advantage of these discounted rates.
Getting your products to the Show
Drive it in yourself, ship it to the Freeman warehouse or ship it directly to the show? Each way has its advantages. To learn more about shipping options, click here.
How to set up your booth
Can you set up your booth by yourself or will you need a professional? Before you make the decision to do it yourself, check out the regulations concerning what you can and cannot do on your own under Shipping, Labor & Material Handling located in the Shipping & Freight section. – click here.
Programs to help you get the most out of a Show
Take advantage of all the wonderful opportunities to increase your brand awareness, network with peers, increase sales and educate yourself. The Specialty Food Association provides a number of value-added programs—some at no cost and others for very reasonable prices.Check out our Marketing Opportunities for further information.
Important Tips and Reminders
- MEMBER BENEFIT - 10x10 booths will receive 100 lbs of drayage (Learn More on the Shipping & Freight Services Tab)
- If you decide to ship your products/display to the Show, please keep in mind that “material handling” charges will apply. In each convention center, the material handling cost covers the labor and equipment to move your freight to and from the loading docks to your booth as well as the storage of your empty crates & boxes. The rate is based on weight and measured by 100 pound increments.
- If your booth display has built-in lighting, you can minimize on-site labor charges by doing as many of the electrical wiring connections as possible before leaving for the Show.
- Consolidate smaller boxes into one large crate or carton. This may not only save you money in material handling charges, but will also reduce the risk of lost freight.
- For security purposes, when packing your materials, never list the contents on the outside of the crate/box/carton. It is recommended that you number each box and keep a separate list of the contents for each box. Be sure to have these lists with you when you arrive at the Show.
- Make sure your travel plans at the end of the Show give you enough time to receive your empties and pack up your booth.
- The temperature inside the exhibit hall during move-in could be very cold or hot depending on outside weather conditions. As much as we try to control the temperature, with the freight area open, it becomes a difficult task. Please check the weather conditions prior to your arrival and pack appropriately. During show days and hours, the temperature will be kept at a comfortable level.
- Booth cleaning is provided the night before the Show opens compliments of the Specialty Food Association. If you need your wastebaskets emptied during the Show and you don’t want to do it yourself, you can order “Porter Service” through the Freeman.
- Notify Freeman onsite if your outbound shipment will weigh less than your inbound shipment. You are charged for a round-trip based on the weight that came in to the show. If you are shipping out less, your total cost will go down.
- Avoid overtime labor charges by having your booth set up between the hours of 8am & 4:30pm on Thursday or Friday of move-in.
- Order you desktop lead retrieval machine by the deadline & receive free electric for that machine compliments of the Association.
- Specialty Food Association Members can receive a complimentary booth package if it is ordered by the deadline.
- If you are driving your things to the show and it weighs 500 pounds or less, utilize our Exhibitor-Driven Vehicle Program (EDV) and the first 200 pound will be unloaded and delivered to your booth for free compliments of the Association. NOTE: Cannot be combined with Drayage Program.
For more tips for Exhibitors from the show contractor, Freeman, click on the appropriate link below:
Other Important Considerations
Create a strategy for the Show and set realistic goals and objectives.
Points to consider:
- Sales leads
- Branding and awareness
- Media and press interaction
- Attendee education of your products
- Pre-Show promotion
Invite your best customers.
Set a schedule for staffing your booth—and include dress-code considerations.
Think about the layout and
design of your booth:
- Is it inviting?
- Are you showcasing your products the right way?
- What is the focal point of the booth?
- Are you capturing the customer’s attention?
- What is the message and feel your booth conveys?
- Are you leaving a lasting impression?
Serving & Sampling Supplies
Please consider using Eco-Friendly serving/sampling supplies. These and other items can be purchased through SMG catering (forms located in the Show Supplier section of the Exhibitor Manual) or through the suppliers listed below.
In 2007, food service businesses were required to stop using plastic and Styrofoam and switch to compostable food serveware. We ask that you make the switch as well.
If you are using a contractor to build your booth, be sure to ask them about what their “green” options are for exhibit materials.
Please consider disposing of all your food scraps at the official collection bins located in the Clean-Up Stations. These food scraps will be contributed to the Convention Center's Food Composting program.
Please consider donating your leftover products to the official Show Charity. Forms and stickers will be made available on Tuesday afternoon at your Floor Manager’s counter.
Remember – exhibitors are not allowed to hand out bags to attendees. Only the official Fancy Food Show bags will be allowed to leave the exhibit halls. These bags are made from 100% recycled material!
Please do not pass your badge off to anyone else and please be careful where you discard it. Badge bins are located by the exits on Tuesday at 3pm. All badges collected here are recycled.
“Recycle” stickers will be made available on the last show day so that we can recycle unwanted literature and handouts.
Basic Security Measures Provided:
- Overnight storage rooms are provided free of charge for exhibitors to store valuables. To prevent theft or damage, please do not leave anything of great value in your booth overnight or during move-in and move-out.
- Uniformed guards will be stationed at entrances, exits and along the perimeter of each Exhibit Hall. This service will be provided 24 hours a day from the first move-in day to the last move-out day.
- Private guards for your booth may be hired from the official security contractor.
- Security cages may be rented from Freeman.
Guidelines for Protecting Your Products & Display:
The Specialty Food Association cannot assume responsibility for loss, damage or theft at the show. Each exhibitor must be responsible for his/her own property. Adherence to the following recommendations and precautions plus the vigilance of the personnel in your booth, should ensure adequate security for your exhibit materials and personal property.
- Make sure your insurance coverage is adequate to protect your exhibit and product against damage or loss from the time it leaves your premises until it returns.
- When preparing exhibit material for shipment, avoid cartons that identify contents. Use plain shipping containers and coded labels.
- Assign people to be present at your booth when your exhibit material arrives to receive the shipment and take inventory. Report immediately to your Floor Manager any discrepancies between quantities shipped and quantities received.
- Move-In & Move-Out is a highly vulnerable period, so pay special attention to items easily pilfered during this time. Place them in locked containers when you can’t keep an eye on them.
- As an added security precaution for overnight, tape-off the perimeter or drape your booth.
- Do not put articles of any value in a container marked “EMPTY STORAGE.”
- Exhibitor’s must wear official show badges at all times.
- During show days, someone from your company should be in your booth one half hour prior to opening and one half hour after closing.
- Immediately report to security or show management the presence of any unauthorized visitors on the exhibit floor.
- Don’t leave personal items unguarded such as cellular phones, laptops, coats, wallets, handbags, briefcases, etc.
- To remove merchandise from the exhibit floor, exhibitors must be wearing an official show badge that matches their photo ID. Please remember, people wearing exhibitor badges with your company name on it are serving as representatives of your company. Therefore, any actions taken by these people fall under your responsibility, so please choose wisely. We suggest taking badges back from temp staff at the end of the show.
- Remember, and remind those staffing your booth, that while guard service is provided by the Association until the end of move-out, it remains your responsibility to take whatever precautions you deem necessary to protect your property. Do not leave your booth unsupervised until your items have been picked up for shipping.
- Do not leave your sales leads unsecured in your Booth at any time. We recommend you take them with you at the end of each day.
Booth Size & Number
Education Program Information
Compusystems Customer Service
Exhibitor Meeting Room Program
Exhibitor Meetings in Booths
800.221.3531, then press 2
212.532.1660, then press 2
Please contact your customer service representative
212.482.6440 (EXT. 41)
Rules and Regulations
Space Draw Priority System
Status & Payments
Sandra Archer (Exh. A-L)
Status & Payments
Ava Butchey (Exh. M-Z)
All Other Questions??
Show Directory, Buyers' Guide, Specialty Food Magazine and Booth Sales:
Please contact your sales representative
What's New, What's Hot
Business Builders 1 to 1
Listing in Official Show Directory & Buyers' Guide
sofi Award Information
View a list of vendors that can support your show efforts. You can also find Order Forms for various vendors in the Order Form section.
747 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 882-6452 (Fax)
contact: Stephanie Lichaa/Mike Neely
Food Demonstrator/ Chef
10770 Brewer House Road
North Bethesda, MD 20852
(301) 231-9090 (Fax)
Contact: Caroline Zimmerman
8961 Complex Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
(858) 455-5841 fax
Contact: Heather Hoffmann
Sales Lead Service
2805 South 25th Ave.
Broadview, IL 60153
(708) 344-4444 (Fax)
Contact: Customer Service
Travel Planners Inc.
381 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016
(212) 779-6128 (Fax)
Universal Computer Rental
12425 Mills Ave Unit A6
Chino, CA 91710
P: 909 627-2089
F: 909 627-2099
Contact: Jorge Resendez
747 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 974-4065 (Fax)
Contact: Dan Bora
Oscar Einzig Photography
325 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 425
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 922-2866 (Fax)
John Buttine Inc.
33 East 33rd Street, Suite 506
New York, NY 10016
(212) 986-2822 (Fax)
Spring Valley Floral
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 760
169 Route 303
Valley Cottage, NY 10989
(845) 268-6570 (Fax)
Contact: Lisa Hombach
747 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 974-4074 (Fax)
Contact: Jennifer Bittner
Lowe Refrigeration Inc.
105 Cecil Court
Fayetteville, GA 30214
(770) 461-8020 (Fax)
Contact: Richard Epton
1550 E. Higgins Road
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
(847) 806-9204 (Fax)
Contact: Wandy Ortiz/Natalie Blain
Security Cages and Guards
1055 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 593-1101 (Fax)
Contact: Linda Knox
Judy Venn & Associates
3186 Airway Avenue, Suite H
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 957-8301 (Fax)
Contact: Michele Meyer
Each 10’x10’ booth will be set with the following:
- 8’ high black back drape
- 3’ high black side drape
Specialty Food Association Members who order a complimentary booth package by the deadline (view deadlines) will receive:
- (2) 6’ undraped tables (you can drape them yourself or rent drapes from Freeman)
- (2) folding chairs
- (1) wastebasket
- 9’x 10’ black booth carpet
- 7”x 44” two-line identification sign
*Note the show aisle carpet will be blue.
International companies - (over 600 sq. ft.)
The Specialty Food Association will provide complimentary carpet for your booth and in some cases aisle carpet (see below) to pavilions with a minimum of (6) 10x10 booths.
- International Exhibitors will be permitted to place their own aisle carpet in front of their booths only if they occupy both sides of the aisle and have a minimum of (6) 10x10 booths.
- International Exhibitors will not be permitted to carpet a major cross aisle.
Before you make the decision to do it yourself, check out the regulations concerning what you can and cannot do on your own - outlined under Shipping, Labor & Material Handling located in the Shipping & Freight section. If you need a professional, either contact Freeman at 714-254-3410 or Roger Grant, Specialty Food Association at 646-878-0137.
There are No exceptions to this rule. Domestic and international exhibitors must adhere to their respective height restrictions as this is an association rule made by our Exhibiting Members.
We suggest that you review the show's exhibitor list and call a fellow exhibitor who has a similar product and ask them based on their experience. Exhibitor List
a. Complimentary Booth Package
If you are a first time Fancy Food Show exhibitor, then we will extend the deadline for you. All other exhibitors are not eligible for the complimentary package, but can order & pay for the items through Freeman.
b. Show Services
All exhibitors will have to pay current pricing for Show Services if they miss the deadline for discounted rates. This includes booth furnishings, electrical, cleaning, etc.
c. Directory listing?
If you have missed all deadlines to update your directory listing, the information for your listing will be pulled from the most recent Fancy Food Show at which you exhibited. Click here to see all deadlines for updating your listing for the upcoming Show. For exhibitors who have missed the first or second deadline, updates and corrections can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to appear in the First Addendum (for exhibitors whose listings are in the Directory’s Main Listings) or the On-Site Addendum (for those in the First Addendum). Late submissions will be corrected in your online listing found at specialtyfood.com and fancyfoodshows.com.
There is no official deadline for badges. You may register online as long as you have your username & password. If you do not know your username and password, contact us at email@example.com.
e. Lead retrieval?
All 1st time exhibitors will be extended the Early Bird deadline rate after the deadline. All other exhibitors will be charged according to the current pricing.f. Complimentary Electrical for Lead Retrieval
If you are a 1st time Fancy Food Show exhibitor, you will still receive the complimentary electric for Lead Retrieval if your order is submitted past the deadline. All other exhibitors that submit their order past the deadline must pay the current rate for electrical service.
For every 100sq. ft. of booth space your company will receive five (5) complimentary badges. 150 sq. ft. will receive seven (7) badges.
Additional badges will cost $35 per person if you register before the deadline (view deadlines). After the deadline has passed, additional badges will be $60 per person.
Yes, the Specialty Food Association requires Exhibitors to carry insurance that adequately covers the exhibitor and its property from theft, public liability, product liability, property damage, personal injury and other loss or liability that may be incurred at or in connection with the Show. You should name the Specialty Food Association, Freeman Decorating Company and the Convention Center as additional insurers.
Yes, complimentary service will be offered throughout the building.
747 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103 Map It
2015 SHOW DATES
Sunday, January 11: 10AM-5PM
Monday, January 12: 10AM-5PM
Tuesday, January 13: 10AM-4PM