Press & Show Newsroom
Toggle between the tabs below for news and press information about the upcoming Winter Fancy Food Show.
Online press registration is closed.
Press may register in person at the show, starting at 8 a.m. Sunday, January 20 at the Press Office at Moscone Center, room 122 North Hall.
Press Guidelines Overview
The Specialty Food Association provides press credentials to cover its Fancy Food Shows to legitimate members of the working press. All applications for a press badge are reviewed by show management and they reserve the right to deny press credentials to any applicant. If you qualify for a press badge, please click “Press Registration” to register.
Working journalists in print, broadcast and digital media on assignment or conducting research for established publications and media outlets. This includes reporters, editors and publishers. Film crews and photographers working with a journalist must apply for a press badge.
- Freelancers must have published or broadcast in past year on topics related to the specialty food industry.
- Websites and Blog writers must have created new content within the past three months on topics related to the specialty food industry, and provide independently verifiable evidence from a data-tracking service (such as Google Analytics or Compete.com) that unique visitors to their site exceed 5,000 per month.
Friends and family of journalists; sales, marketing, and advertising executives and other non-editorial media staff; company presidents, industry consultants, public relations professionals, writers for company newsletters and websites, and cookbook authors who are not working journalists. If you do not meet the Press qualifications please go to fancyfoodshows.com to purchase an attendee badge.
To register in person, the following credentials are required:
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, government-issued ID or official press credential)
- Business card showing name, company name and editorial title, letter on media outlet stationery verifying your editorial position, or current publication masthead listing your name and editorial title.
- For freelancers for print and web publications, bylined article from past year on topics related to the specialty food industry, and/or way to check online.
- For blog writers, evidence of new posts created on a weekly basis within past three months on topics related to specialty food industry (printouts or links to coverage), plus evidence from a data-tracking service (such as Google Analytics or Compete.com) that unique visitors exceed 5,000 per month.
- For freelance photographers and other media, verifiable letter of assignment from bona fide media outlet
All badges must be picked up in person at the on-site Press Office by the individual journalist. Badges are not mailed.
Photo ID such as driver’s license or passport or official press credential; company business card with journalist’s title. Freelancers should be prepared to supply bylined article from past year, and/or way to check work online. Bloggers should be prepared to provide website analytics.
Search for Exhibitors
Browse the Interactive
Show Floor Plans
Register for Show Badges
and Review Show Policies
Phone: (646) 878-0130
747 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103 Map It
2014 SHOW DATES
Sunday, January 19: 10AM-5PM
Monday, January 20: 10AM-5PM
Tuesday, January 21: 10AM-4PM