Trendspotter Panel Selects the Top Trends of the Winter Fancy Food Show
After searching the exhibit halls at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, a panel of food writers and journalists have picked the top five food trends for 2013.
Here are the trends with product examples of each (View images of the products listed below at our Flickr Trendspotter Gallery here):
- Numi Organics: Broccoli Cilantro Tea
- Wild Poppy Juice Co.: Blood Orange Chili Juice
- The Republic of Tea: Moringa SuperHerb Tea
- Arette Foods: Organic Tea Seed Oil with Sundried Tomatoes & Chili Pepper
- Culinary Imports: Stöger Cherry Seed, Chile Seed and Tomato Seed Oils
- La Tourangelle Artisan Oils: Organic Coconut Oil
Blue Cheese Redux
- Bissinger’s Handcrafted Chocolatier: Point Reyes Blue Cheese Wine Grapes
- Rogue Creamery: Blue Heaven Blue Cheese Powder
- Mt. Sterling Co-op Creamery: Smoked Sterling Bleu Goat Cheese
So Many Seeds
- Enjoy Life Natural Brands: Crunchy Flax Chia Cereal
- K.L. Keller Imports: Dukkah
- Lundberg Family Farms: Hemp-a-Licious Organic Rice Cakes
- Vosges Haut-Chocolat: Wild Ophelia Peanut Butter & Banana Milk Chocolate Bar
- PB Crave: CoCo Bananas Peanut Butter
- GoodPop: Frozen Banana Cinnamon Pops
Other trends identified are fruit-infused vinegars, chips with a healthy glow such as fuji apple chips, peppery sweets such as cayenne shortbread, agave and single-serve sizes.
The trendspotters are Maureen Clancy, Matters of Taste; Narsai David, CBS San Francisco; Nancy Wall Hopkins, Better Homes and Gardens; Sara Moulton, “Sara’s Weeknight Meals,” Good Morning America; Kara Nielsen, CCD Innovation; Denise Purcell, Specialty Food Media; Stephanie Spencer, Sunset Magazine; Stephanie Stiavetti, NPR, Susie Timm, Girl Meets Fork; Joanne Weir, “Joanne Weir’s Cooking Confidence,” PBS.
MOST READ ARTICLES