What’s new on SavorCalifornia.com
Healdsburg, CA, January 2015 . . .
Savor California is a marketing company founded by Jane St. Claire in 2003 to help small gourmet food producers find new markets by cooperative efforts, both online at www.SavorCalifornia.com and at consumer and trade events.
Each of the 100 artisan food producers on SavorCalifornia.com has an individual page with photos, their story, and a link to their own website. Interviewing for the stories, founder St. Claire looks for the unique motivations and aspirations of the people behind the products.
The following 30 companies will be showcasing their products in the Savor California Booth #504 at the 2015 Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco.
Savor California Companies at the Winter Fancy Food Show
* What’s new in Booth #504
Cathy’s Sassy Sauces Napa Cocktail-inspired simmer-grill sauces. Football-fan-tested at 49er football tailgate parties, they include Tailgate Bloody Mary, Fiesta Margarita, and Aloha Mai Tai.
Cocoa Parlor / Tonic Scene Dana Point Cocoa Parlor makes premium organic dark chocolate bars that are fairly traded, sustainably grown, and responsibly harvested, made from single origin Peruvian chocolate. Its sister company, Tonic Scene, makes raw chocolate bars.
* Cowboy BBQ Live Oak New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. With deep roots in the ranch land around the Sutter Buttes in Central California, Cowboy BBQ sauces, relishes and dry rub seasonings are an authentic expression of the best of cowboy cooking.
* Cultured & Saucy Santa Barbara New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Sauces made by a natural fermentation process, retaining all the beneficial bacteria. Each ingredient tastes more vibrant and more delicious. The flavors are based on the international backgrounds of the founders.
D’Vine Crush Belvedere New packaging. Crush Bars, Crush Bites and Crush Crumbles mirror the flavor notes of a particular wine varietal, such as Cork Screw Cherry Pinot, Toasted Barrel Chardonnay, Bountiful Bubbles Citrus Cuvee, and Noble Rot Rapture Plum Port.
* Engage Organics Kelseyville New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Engage Organics started their company with salt-free Parsley Patch and have since expanded their seasoning line with 9 blends. All organic, non-GMO, plant-based, and healthy flavor-alternatives to salt and sugar.
* GC Culinary Napa Valley Napa New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. From a ranch that was planted to create a sustainable growing environment for wine grapes, olive trees, herbs, lavender, and a heritage-variety orchard. Lavender honey and wine-flavored sea salts.
* Genuine Grub San Francisco Bay Area New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Genuine Grub Spicy Pickled Cabbage and Spicy Pickled Radish are naturally fermented with no culture added, probiotic, gluten-free, and non-GMO. Made without seafood, they have a pleasantly mild aroma.
Jimtown Store Healdsburg Fresh condiments for sandwiches, instant hors d’oeuvres, and perfect cheese partners. Featured in the Jimtown Store Cookbook, the spreads are simple to use as marinades, condiments for meat, poultry, and fish, in pasta dishes, on pizza, in vinaigrettes, and in salads.
Keep It Real Mountain View Diabetes-friendly, gluten-free, and paleo diet compatible. Products contain no grain at all: No-Grain Granola, Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, Flourless Cocoa Nib Cookies, Seedy Crackers.
* Kokomo Culinary Healdsburg New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Winemaker Eric Miller takes the same approach to the Kokomo Culinary Verjus as he does to the Kokomo Wines he makes, with each displaying the characteristics of its vintage. Available in 750ml bottles and 3-liter bag-in-a-box.
Maisie Jane’s California Sunshine Products Chico Dry-roasted gourmet nuts and snacks, no preservatives. Products range from raw organic almonds to savory flavored almonds and sweet chocolate almonds. Organic snack packs.
* Marlo’s Bakeshop Soft-Baked Biscotti San Francisco New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Three flavors. Original: dark chocolate-covered raisins, walnuts and dark chocolate chips. Midnight: cocoa, dark chocolate chips and espresso, a cross between a chewy brownie and a crunchy biscotti. Banana Bread: bananas, maple, walnuts, gluten- and dairy-free.
* NaGo Foods San Francisco New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Miso Dressings: Classic Miso, Ginger Sesame Miso (Gold Sofi Winner), Wasabi Miso, Spicy Miso, Garlic Onion Miso, Japanese Plum Miso, Cracked Sesame Miso. No trans fats, artificial additives or preservatives. The dressings retain their full flavor after cooking.
* Nibbi’s Kitchen San Francisco Bay Area New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. An update of a traditional Southern favorite: Pimento Cheese Spreads directly descended from a treat enjoyed in Nibbi's childhood in Charlotte, North Carolina. Current flavors: Spicy and Jalapeño.
Nona Lim Emeryville All products are gluten-free, dairy-free, and ready to heat and serve: soups (such as Thai Green Curry), All-Bean Chili, broths (such as Vietnamese Pho), and rice noodles (such as Pad Thai and Laksa).
* Not Yer Momma’s Granola Santa Rosa New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Three women, who are moms and also best friends, have taken granola to the next level. Award-winning Original, Blueberry Ginger, Apple Cinnamon, and Cardamom Apricot. In resealable bags.
Pollen Ranch Lemon Cove Pollen Ranch has been hand collecting fennel pollen and dill pollen as a spice for over a decade. The highest quality, wild crafted signature fennel and dill pollens make their teas, salts and spice blends exceptional.
* Qancha by Nazqiz San Francisco New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Made from non-GMO corn grown in the Peruvian Andes, air-toasted, seasoned and packaged in the San Francisco Bay Area. Flavors: Original, lightly salted. Picante, Latin spice. Chimichurri, garlic-herb.
Robert Lambert San Rafael Robert Lambert has a well-earned reputation for super premium, hand-crafted products: Marmalades, Jams, Chocolate Sauces, Syrups, Fruit Cakes, Salt-Preserved Citrus, Preserved and Pickled Fruits and Relishes, Membrillo.
Salute Santé! Napa Grapeseed oils including the 2013 Best Oil Sofi Finalist for Salute Santé! Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Syrah Grapeseed Oil, one of 12 organic varietal wine grape seed oils. The line of award-winning flavored oils is infused with all-natural, fresh herbs and spices.
* Shanley Farms Morro Bay and Visalia New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. On their ranches in Morro Bay and Visalia, the Shanley family grows Citriburst Finger Limes, Morro Bay Avocados, Sierra Sweet Kiwis, and Gator Eggs (individual serving avocados).
Silk Road Soda Sacramento Refreshing and organic “Mediterranean Refreshers” with a delicate balance of sweet and savory. Light and effervescent with a subtle note of vinegar. Flavors: Original Mint, Pomegranate Mint, and Cucumber Mint (2014 Sofi Award winner, Best USDA Certified Organic Product).
Sonoma Brinery Healdsburg Farm-fresh produce and all natural processing with no heat, pasteurization, artificial flavors, additives or preservatives. Once processed, all products remain refrigerated for fresh, healthy, crisp and crunchy pickles and sauerkraut.
Stella Cadente Anderson Valley Stella Cadente has become the premier source for oils produced from Mendocino County’s unmatched Tuscan-style olives. Its award-winning family of olive oils includes: Extra Virgin, Meyer Lemon, Persian Lime, Blood Orange, Basil Crush and Rosemary Crush.
Taylor Brothers Farms Yuba City The world’s largest organic prune grower and processor and a leading producer and global distributor of premium quality organic and conventional prunes and prune products.
* The Art of Caramel Pasadena New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Elegant flavors of caramel corn in elegant packaging. All natural, air-popped corn blanketed in light, crisp caramel, flavored with gourmet ingredients and premium liquors. Sophisticated tastes for discerning adult palates: Vanilla Bean Cocoa Nib, Kentucky Bourbon Black Pepper, and Orange Cognac Kiss.
The Frosting Queens Sacramento All-natural, gluten-free, frostings with 100% real butter, that are sold in pouches and ready-to-spread: Charmed Chocolate, Velvety Vanilla, Crowned Caramel, and Striking Strawberry. Baking mixes: Royal Shortbread Mix, Queenfetti Buttercream Frosting Mix, Prince's Poppin' Bubblegum Frosting Mix, and Queen of Tart Lemon Frosting Mix.
* Toffee Talk San Francisco New to the Savor California booth at the Winter Fancy Food Show. Handmade from the finest butter, chocolate and nuts. The toffee center has the perfect consistency – not too hard, not too sticky – with just a hint of saltiness. Flavors: Almond, Pecan, Peanut, and Red Walnut.
Zena’s SASS Santa Cruz Afro/Asian-inspired, nut-based finishing sauces. Both original and “hott” versions. Gluten-free, with a low glycemic index. Sassy Almond Sesame Sauce, HOTT Sassy Almond Sesame Sauce, Sassy Peanut Sesame Sauce, and HOTT Sassy Peanut Sesame Sauce.
# # #
MOST READ ARTICLES