Print Advertising Specifications
Specialty Food Magazine and Official Show Directory
- Trim size for all publications: 8 1/8” x 10-7/8” (206 mm x 276 mm)
- Printing process: Web offset
- Binding: Perfect bind
- Live Area/Safety: 7” x 10” (178 mm x 254 mm)
Keep all text and key images within these dimensions.
- Trim Size: 8-1/8” x 10-7/8” (206 mm x 276 mm)
- Bleed Size: 8-3/8” x 11-1/8” (213 mm x 283 mm)
Includes the required 1/8” bleed allowance on each side.
Electronic File Requirements
PDF files (specifically PDF/X-1a type) are required. When creating a PDF/X-1a file, a postscript document should be generated from the native application file prior to preparation. To review how to create a proper PDF/X-1a file, visit: http://www.prepressure.com/pdf/basics/pdfx-1a
The advertisement file should be the correct final size and include clear indications of trim lines and registration marks. Please set trim and registration marks to the outside of the document.
Prior to creating the PDF, the following details must be verified:
- Images must be a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Photos downloaded from the Internet are lo-res and NOT acceptable for print. Poor quality and clarity prohibit us from publishing photos taken from websites.
- All colors must be converted to CMYK; no Pantone or RGB colors.
- Use generic CMYK color settings; do not embed color profiles.
- Trapping settings must be correct to avoid overprinting and type re-flow.
To ensure accurate color reproduction, the ad file should be accompanied by or immediately followed up with a press-quality color proof. Valid color proofs include MatchPrints, Fuji proof, or digital proofs such as an Epson or Iris. Laser, ink-jet or color copy proofs are not acceptable for press reproduction. If a valid proof is not provided, the publisher of Specialty Food Magazine assumes no responsibility for color and content of the final print product.
How to Submit Print Display Advertising Materials
Upload your final ad file to our ftp site (preferred method):
Specialty Food Magazine (Display ads only):
Fancy Food Show Directory:
Follow all instructions to ensure your ad is sent and we receive automatic notification of posting.
- Or burn your final PDF and support files to CD/DVD, label and ship with a color proof to:
Phyllis Jefferson, Production Director, Specialty Food Association
136 Madison Ave, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10016 Tel: 646.878.0112
Insert Specifications for Print Publications
Size, folding and content approval of inserts is required prior to acceptance to ensure run ability. Inserts must be printed to publisher’s specifications. Contact your Specialty Food Magazine representative or the production department for more information.