The specialty food industry is thriving with sales hitting $120.5 billion in the United States in 2015, according to this year’s State of the Specialty Food Industry report, produced by the Specialty Food Association in cooperation with Mintel. The Spring issue of Specialty Food Magazine highlights key data from this annual survey, including sales by retail segments and foodservice, the fastest-growing categories, and benchmarking supply-chain facts and figures. Foodservice is one channel that is seeing robust sales, and the Spring issue also looks more deeply at the culinary trends and food movements occurring in restaurants and other foodservice segments. Plus, we take a look at some of the hottest and latest products hitting the market in cheese, salad dressings, snacks, and dairy alternatives.
Highlights from the Spring issue:
- Five Prominent Culinary Trends for 2016: Read about top food themes emerging on menus around the country.
- Chefs Who Are Starting a Revolution: The influence of these seven people goes far beyond their skills in the kitchen: They are changing the food world through innovation and vision.
- Emerging Cuisines: The distinctive flavors of Singapore, Portugal, and Peru are in the spotlight.
- Cheese Focus: Washington State is staking a claim to cheese-state greatness. Learn about some of its niche producers.
- Category Spotlight: Bold flavors and cleaner ingredients are revitalizing the salad dressing category.
- Buyers’ Picks: Retailers weigh in on which better-for-you snacks are flying off the shelves.