Consumers are shopping for foods and beverages online in growing numbers, creating a sea change in the retail environment. The Summer issue of Specialty Food Magazine explores this growing channel, with insights gleaned from the Specialty Food Association’s E-Commerce Strategy Forum, held in Chicago in April. Our expert contributors explore the leading trends in e-commerce right now, including the various types of delivery models, the disrupters being disrupted, and the move from subscription to prescription, as well as hard-won advice on operating a site or selling your products online. Plus, we look at some of the hottest products hitting the market in frozen pops, paleo products, and grass-fed meat and dairy.
Highlights from the Summer issue:
- Five Neighborhoods, Five Food Halls: Read about TurnStyle, New York’s newest dining and retail sensation, as well as five other top food halls in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Foodservice Segments Emphasizing Specialty Foods: Ballpark concessions, travel and leisure options, and institutional dining halls are just some foodservice segments upping their offerings.
- The Authentic South: John T. Edge of the Southern Foodways Alliance talks corn, culture, and cooking.
- Cheese Focus: Four pioneering experts share stories and tips for launching a specialty cheese store.
- Category Spotlight: Healthier versions of the classics, and sweet or seeded options are transforming the cracker category.
- Buyers’ Picks: Retailers weigh in on which better-for-you snacks are flying off the shelves.